"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament." - Padre Pio of Peitrelcina

Monday, April 30, 2012

Padre Pio on Guardian Angels


Padre Pio and the Guardian Angel by Guido Reni

Padre Pio had the privilege of having his Guardian Angel visibly beside him all his life. He played with him when he was a child, and the Guardian Angel sang for him when he was sad.

"My Guardian Angel has been my friend since my infancy." 

Padre Pio said about his Guardian Angel: "Little companion of my infancy, angiolino, angioletto, my secretary, inseparable companion, celestial person, celestial messenger, brother, friend, prevents danger, one of the family, translates for me the letters in other languages, I send him to console people suffering, prevents from stumbling, never lives us alone for an instant, from the cradle to the grave, even when we are sinning." 

Padre Pio said about the Angels: "The Angels envy us for one thing only: they cannot suffer for God."

When Padre Pio was a young friar, he wrote a letter to his confessor in which he said: "When I close my eyes and the night comes, I can see the Heaven that appears in front of me. I am encouraged by this vision so I can sleep with a sweet smile on the lips and with a perfect calm on the forehead waiting my small companion of my infancy came to wake up me and start praying together prayers to the beloved of our hearts." 

Padre Pio often recommended that if people wanted to send him a message or a petition they could send him their guardian angel. Fr. Dominic, who handled the American mail for Padre Pio, asked him: "Padre . . . a woman wants to know if she sends her Guardian Angel to you, does he come?" Padre Pio replied, "Tell her that her Angel is not like she is. Her Angel is very obedient, and when she sends him, he comes!"

"It will be a great joy when at the moment of death we will be able to see our Guardian Angel. 

"Padre Pio once said to a person: "We will pray for your mother, so that the Guardian Angel will be with her in company." 

"If the mission of our Guardian Angel is a great mission, the mission of mine is for sure greater than the others, because he has to be a teacher and explain to me other languages." 

"The mission of my Guardian Angel includes explaining me other languages." 

Padre Pio lived in close contact with his Guardian Angel, who taught him to translate letters in French and Greek. The Angel would keep Padre Pio up at night so that they could both chant God’s praises. Padre Pio’s Angel would also ease the pain that he suffered from beatings that he received from demons. 

Padre Pio wrote the following to his spiritual director on November 5, 1912: "I cannot tell you the way these scoundrels [the demons] beat me. Sometimes I feel I am about to die. On Saturday, it seemed to me that they intended to put an end to me and I did not know what saint to invoke. I turned to my angel and after he had kept me waiting a while, there he was hovering close to me, singing hymns to the divine Majesty in his angelic voice. . . I rebuked him bitterly for having kept me waiting so long when I had not failed to call him to my assistance. To punish him, I did not want to look him in the face; I wanted to get away, to escape from him. But he, poor creature, caught up with me almost in tears and held me until I raised my eyes to his face and found him all upset. Then he said: "I am always close to you, my beloved young man . . ." 

"Send the Guardian Angel. He doesn't pay a train ticket and doesn't consume shoes." 

One winter, a spiritual daughter of Padre Pio was walking along a country road heavily covered with snow in which it was even difficult to walk to the Convent where the good Padre was waiting for her but was uncertain she would reach the Convent in time for the appointment. Full of faith, she prayed to her Guardian Angel to tell Padre Pio she would have arrived at the convent late because of the snow. When she finally reached the convent, she saw Padre Pio smiling, waiting for her behind a window.  

"For whomever is alone, there is his Guardian Angel." 

"Your Guardian Angel prays for you; offers to God all the good works you accomplish; your holy and pure desires." 

A man narrated: "Padre Pio often stopped in the sacristy greeting his spiritual children and friends by kissing them. I looked with holy envy on those so fortunate and I thought: 'Blessed him! If I were him! Blessed! Blessed him!' On Christmas 1958, I knelt, in front of Padre Pio for confession. Afterwards, I looked at him and while full of emotion I asked him: 'Father, today is the Christmas day, can I wish you Merry Christmas by giving you a kiss?' And he, with a sweetness that I am not able to describe with the pen, smile at me and said: 'Hurry up, my child, don't make me waste time!' He also embraced me. I kissed him and as a bird, joyful, I went toward the exit full of celestial delights. And what can I say about some slaps on the head? Every time, before leaving from St. Giovanni Rotondo, I desired father Pio gave me a sign of particular predilection. In fact, I also wanted two small slaps on the head as two fatherly caresses. I have to underline that he never refused me anything I wanted to receive from him. One day, there were a lot of people in the sacristy of the small church and father Vincenzo exhorted, with his usual severity: 'don’t push, don’t shake Padre Pio’s hands go back'! I sadly thought: 'This time I will leave without having the blows on the head.' I didn’t want to resign me and I begged my Guardian Angel to become a messenger and to repeat these words to Padre Pio: 'Father, I desire the benediction and the two blows on the head, as usual, one for me and the other for my wife.' Padre Vincenzo was still repeating: 'don’t push Padre Pio . . . stay far from him!' Then Padre Pio started walking. I was in anxiety. I looked at him but I was sad. Suddenly Padre Pio came to me, he smiled and he gave me two taps and it made me also kiss his hand, 'I would like to give you a lot of slaps . . . a lot of slaps,' he told me the first time that I asked him for the small slaps."

"Oh, if all men could understand this great gift that God, assigned to us; this celestial spirit." 

"May the desire to see this inseparable companion incite you to leave this body quickly." 

"When you seem to be alone, here a friendly soul to whom you can unburden yourself and in whom you can confide your sorrows." 

A woman was sitting in the square of the church of the Capuchins. The Church was closed. It was late and she prayed with the thought, and repeated with the heart: "Padre Pio, help me! Guardian Angel, please, go to tell Padre Pio to help me, otherwise my sister will die!" From the window above her, Padre Pio’s voice came: "Who is calling me at this time? What is the problem?" The woman told him about her sister’s illness. Padre Pio went in bilocation to the sick woman and healed her.

"Do not forget this invisible companion, always present to listen to you; always ready to console you." 

"For people that live alone there is the Guardian Angel." 

"Invoke your Guardian Angel that he will illuminate you and will guide you. God has given him to you for this reason. Therefore use him!" 

Padre Pio, Letter, April 20, 1915: "Often repeat the beautiful prayer: 'Angel of God, my guardian to whom the goodness of the heavenly Father entrusts me, enlighten, protect and guide me now and forever.' "

"Invoke often this Guardian Angel, and repeat the beautiful prayer: 'Oh, Angel of God . . .' "

Guardian Angel by Pietro da Cortona, 1656

Below is the traditional Catholic prayer to one's Guardian Angel:

Angel of God, my guardian dear
to whom His love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side
to light, and guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.

In Latin:

Angele Dei,
qui custos es mei,
me, tibi commissum pietate superna,
illumina, custodi,
rege et guberna.
Amen.

"What consolation when, at the moment of death, you will see this Angel, who accompanied you through life and was so liberal in maternal care." 

"Often remember his presence; thank him; pray to him; respect him; be in constant fear of offending the purity of his gaze." 

"Don’t write to me because I cannot answer you. Send me your Guardian Angel and I will do everything." 

"Your Guardian Angel has reported to me some sentences that have made me understand your mistrust."

When asked, "How do you take care of the so many letters you receive?" The good Padre replied,  "The Angel does his job." 

One time, Padre Pio was asked: "All those Angels around you, don't they bother You?" He answered, "No. They are so obedient." 

A person asked Padre Pio, "Father, are you able to hear what the Guardian Angels tell you?" And Padre Pio answered, "Of course! Do you think Angels are disobedient as you? Send me your Guardian Angel!" 

An Italian-American from California used to pray to his Guardian Angel to tell his needs to Padre Pio. One day, after confession he asked Padre Pio if he really heard his Guardian Angel. "Do you think I am deaf?" And he repeated what he had told recently his Guardian Angel to tell Padre Pio. 

Padre Lino Barbati sent his Guardian Angel to ask Padre Pio for the healing of a person. That person was not getting better. He asked Padre Pio: "Could it be that at times the Guardian Angel doesn't do what we ask him to do?" Padre Pio: "What? Are you thinking that he is disobedient like me and you?" 

One of the spiritual children of Padre Pio said: "It seems that Padre Pio always listens to everybody who calls him." One evening, a group of friends arrived at San Giovanni Rotondo. They summarized the graces that they would have asked of Padre Pio, and they asked their Guardian Angels to bring their request to Padre Pio as soon as possible. The next day, after the Holy Mass, Padre Pio reproached them: "You do not leave me in peace even at night!" Watching Padre Pio’s smile they understood their prayer had been accepted.

Padre Eusebio Notte was with Padre Pio from 1960 to 1965

Padre Eusebio said: "I was going to London by plane, against Padre Pio’s suggestion not to use this mean of transport. When we were flying over the Channel, a violent storm put the aeroplane in danger. Amid the general terror I prayed and, without knowing what to do, I sent my Guardian Angel to Padre Pio. When I went back to St. Giovanni Rotondo I met Padre Pio who said to me, 'Are you well? Is everything OK?' I answered, 'I thought I’d die,' the saintly padre responded, 'then why don't you obey?' I responded 'But I have sent you my Guardian Angel . . . ' Padre Pio then said, 'Fortunately, he arrived just in time!' " 

An Italian Lawyer named Attilio De Sanctis from Fano was driving back home to Bologna with his wife and two children. During the trip he fell asleep at the wheel. He woke up a few miles from home. He said, "Who drove my car?" The wife said, "You were still, and didn't answer to us, and you avoided several collisions at last second. Your driving was different from usual." Two months later he visited Padre Pio, who told him from afar: "You were asleep and the Guardian Angel drove your car." The mystery was solved. 

"Father, my income doesn't allow me to come to see you as often as I'd like." "Who told you to come here? Don't you have your Guardian Angel? Tell him what you want, send him here, and you will have an answer right away." 

Padre Alessio Parente

Padre Alessio approached Padre Pio with some letters in his hand in order to ask him something but Padre Pio told him abruptly, "Boy, leave me alone, don't you see that I am busy?" Padre Alessio went away mortified. Later, Padre Pio apologized and explained: "Didn't you see all those Angels who were with me? They are the Guardian Angels of my spiritual children who brought me their messages. I had to report to them the answers they needed." 

Joe Peterson and Joe Peluso in 1988 visiting Padre Pio's birthplace

Joe Peterson was stationed in Foggia, Italy during WWII and met Padre Pio several times. When he returned to the States in Yonkers, N.Y., he lectured about Padre Pio throughout the Northeast for 40 years to more than 4,000 parishes, religious classes, and Catholic high schools. He was a member of the Padre Pio Foundation's Board of Directors. 

Joe Peluso, from a very small town in Pennsylvania, was stationed in Foggia, Italy during WWII and met Padre Pio on October 6, 1944. He visited with him several times for the next ten months, until his Army unit was transferred to France on July 15, 1945. He met also Padre Pio's father Grazio, his brother Michael, and Michael's daughter Pia, and her fiance Mario. He returned to Italy in 1988 as member of the Padre Pio Foundation of America in Cromwell, CT, for a documentary on Padre Pio's birthplace. 

"Joe, when the war is over and you return to the United States, tell the American people that for those who would like me to be their spiritual father, my answer is yes. I accept all Americans as my spiritual children. I only have two requirements - that they lead very good Catholic lives and that they regularly receive the sacraments. And please, tell them never to embarrass me in front of Jesus and Mary. You must tell them, Joe." Joe made a slide show presentation of Padre Pio's life and over the years he showed it to thousands of people. Joe died in 1996 after having spent 50 years sharing the message of Padre Pio with more people than he could have imagined. 

"Joe, pick a name for your Guardian Angel and call him by the name always. When you send him to me, he will come instantly." 

"All of Paradise is close to the altar when I say Mass." 

"The angels attend my Mass In legions." 

"The angels around the altar adore and love." 

"The Holy Virgin assists me."

Images courtesy of caccioppoli.com

31 comments:

  1. i adore padre pio theese storys are lovely thank you god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your time and effort to post this. Came to know a lot about St. Padre Pio and Gaurdian angels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME website!!
    Thank you for everything you have done for us!!
    May the Almighty God bless you and your family now and forever, in Jesus' name! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to bible About angels the human beings ordinary people who carry messages,guardian angels and all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I was looking for, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing this, I love Padre Pio and don't seem to know enough about him.

    Pax et Bonum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for writing this, I love Padre Pio and don't seem to know enough about him.

    Pax et Bonum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Padre Pio, please heal Pete and my relationship. It is very damaged and needs your intervention for forgiveness and swallowing pride. Thank you for this great favor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. St. Padre Pio , please ask your Guardian Angel to give you my message. Love and devotion, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Padre Pio, Please ask your Guardian Angel to touch my ex husband heart to take care of his son

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Padre Pio, I am sending my guardian angel to you with a very special financial request. I love you and am so thankful to the Blessed Trinity and Mary our mother, for your life. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am asking for you to Please pray for my vocation. My desire is to serving God and His people for the rest of my life. God Bless You, Regina

    ReplyDelete
  13. St. Padre Pio, I am sending you my guardian Angel with many requests, Please hear and answer all of them. Send my guardian angel with good news. Pray to my heavenly Father that he will grant me all my request in due time, I also ask my blessed mother, all the angel and saints together with my sweet spiritual Father St, Padre Pio to intercede for me I ask this in Jesus Holy + Blessed Name, Amen, Amen, Amen. St. Parder Pio I love you. From: Your spiritual Child Avril.

    ReplyDelete
  14. St. Padre Pio, Please accept my husband Victor, my children Paul, Steven,Christopher, David, Daniel and Catherine, my grandchildren Kailum, Braiden, Katelyn, Emily and Natalie, My Son-in-law David, my brother Henryk, my cousin Zbigniew, my step-son Adrian, my sister-in-law Anna, Terri-lee, Mary Lou, myself and all the members of our families and linage as thy Spiritual Children I am sending my Guardian Angel. He doesn't pay a train ticket and doesn't consume shoes. Also please help those members who are in need of physical and mental healing also.
    Thank you St. Pio........I offer thee in thanksgiving 3 Hail Marys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. please padre pio pray for me sendv me angels now and forever

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks you for painstakingly gathering all the info and putting it up here. May Padre Pio bless you and pray that all desires of your heart are met. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saint Padre Pio, please pray for my family that we are in peace with each other. That my son is healed from asthma, my dad from back pain and my mom's physical pain. Please keep me and my son from any harm. Please place convictions in the hearts of those of lead us to sin that they stay faithful to God.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praise God. Thank you for this. It remind me to pray to St. Pio and to my Guardian Angel always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am so blessed through this website. May God empower u to do more good works in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so thankfull to be able to read those stories about Padre Pio. After I went to his sanctuary on a perigrination trip I bought and read about Padre Pio. Eversince I use His advice to call and send my Guardian Angel.
    God bless you Padre for all you have teached the world about our Guardian Angel

    ReplyDelete
  21. After I went on a perigrination trip and visited the Sanctuary of Padre Pio I bought and read about Him. Eversince I invoke on my Guardian Angel as He used to do.
    Thank you Padre for all You teached us about our Guardian Angel.
    May the Good Lord bless You there in heaven and give you the strenght to keep on guiding us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Padre Pio, thank you for intervening and praying for my brother. Please continue to pray for my family. Please thank God for all of his blessings, and beg for his forgiveness for us. I pray that God pray for my husband and his anxiety and anger, and his temptations, please also pray that I finish my degree as soon as possible, there seems to be so many obstacles, but with God, all things are possible. In Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The article could have been more impacting, if right scriptural references were given...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saint padre Pio please pray for the soul of my deceased husband

    ReplyDelete
  25. Padre Pío I humbly ask for your intervention,can you help me with my family problems and please talk to my Guardia angel to help and guide me and my family, I am exha6and lost I have no solution. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Padre Pio pray for my husband and his addiction....pray for my phobias ....heal us in Jesus name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks you for everything padre pio. please help me to fight this gaming issue

    ReplyDelete
  28. St.Padre Pio, Please help me understand the Power of your Love. My Guardian Angel I have ignored for too long. I send him to you to bring me knowledge and wisdom. Thank-you my friend in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know Father Pio before but now I know he has stigmata and I really like the story about his guardian angel, I always pray my guardian angel cause I know my angel always protect me if I asked him

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers